• For external examination syllabus of each subject will be divided into equal five units.
• Examination will be conducted by the controller or the Examinations University of
Kashmir at the end of the academic session.
• There will be two types of questions in the question paper i.e. medium and long answer type questions comprising of Section A and Section B.
• In Section A there will be five medium type questions, one question with internal choice from each unit. All the five questions will be compulsory.
• There will be five long answer type questions in Section B one from each unit and the student will be required to attempt any three questions. The distribution of marks is
Theory paper Carrying 100 marks Theory paper Carrying 150 marks
Section A Section A
5 medium answer type questions each carrying 5 medium answer type questions each carrying
7 marks (5x7)= 35 7 marks (5x10)= 50
Section B Section B
3 Long answer type questions each carrying 3 Long answer type questions each carrying
13 marks (3x13)= 39 (Approx.40 marks) 13 marks (3x17)= 51 (Approx.50 marks)
Internal Examination =25 marks Internal Examination =50 marks
External Examination = 75 External Examination = 100
• Passpercentage shall remain unchanged for both internal and external examinations.
Eligibility shall be determined on the basis of 75 marks and 100 marks in case of theory
paper carrying an aggregate of 100 and 150 marks respectively. Internal assessment
shall not be subjected to any re-
• The single paper will not affect the present eligibility norms for promotion to the next